St. Hedwig's church stands on the south side of Jericho Turnpike (NY 25) in Floral Park at the corner of Depan Avenue. The rectory address is 1 Depan Avenue, Floral Park NY 11001, telephone 516-354-0042. The well-designed, informative parish website is linked here.
In 1902, the bishop of Brooklyn established the parish for Polish Catholics, and this church was built the next year.
The parish patron is presumably Sw. Jadwiga, monarch of Poland, who lived 1373-1399, revered as a saint for centuries before her official canonization by Pope John Paul II.
An inscription in the vestibule lists the renowned and productive George Streeton as architect.