St. Gertrude Parish is on the southwest corner of School Street and Bayville Avenue, with the postal address of 28 School Street, Bayville, NY 11709, telephone 516-628-1113. The parish website is linked here. Bayville is on the shore of Long Island Sound. Any photo may be enlarged by clicking on it.
In 1905, a summer mission was begun in Bayville, as part of St. Dominic's, Oyster Bay. In 1959, the bishop established St. Gertrude's parish.
The small parking lot adjacent to the church is restricted for handicapped use during Masses, according to posted signs. However, uphill on School Street, behind the church is a vast parking lot connected to the church by walkway. That lot fronts on the parish center and the pre-school, pictured above.